Recipe Makes two liters
1 Empty 2 liter Soda pop bottle.
1/2 Cup of uncooked pearl barley.
1/2 Cup of sugar,
1 Teaspoon of dry yeast.
1/4 Cup of pitted raisins.
1 Large metal pot.
* Pour 2 liters of warm water into the pot.
* Add 1/2 cup of sugar and stir until sugar
* Dissolve the dry yeast in some warm water
* Stir the yeast into the sugar water.
* Add the dry pearled barley into the mixture
* Finally, carefully pour the liquid and barley into
the 2 liter soda bottle and add the raisins by hand
then seal tightly.
Place the bottle in a cool area, for 2 to 3 days
(gently squeeze bottle to see if fermentation
has started pressurizing the bottle).
Place into the fridge to chill.
When opening the bottle, unscrew slowly, to
prevent the fermented liquid from squirting out
NOTE: This beverage is delicious and has a slight "tart" taste.
Pour slowly into tall glasses with ice-cubes. I have been
consuming this brew for many years and have never experienced
any adverse effects from it's consumption and should be handled
as you would other homemade drinks containing sugar and yeast
for example Gingerbeer. Consume this at your own risk.